I am sooo excited I got to sign up for Secret Pal. I have wanted to participate for a long time but I always miss the sign-up, but this time I made it. So here is my questionare:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorite yarn is Malabrigo, or any other yarn that is buttery soft to the touch. I just love them. But I like knitting with a variey of yarns so I can experience the results of the different yarns. I’m not a huge fan of the furry yarns or Red Heart Supersaver yarns. The Red Heart yarns irritate my skin when I knit with them.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My straight needles are kept in a glass flower vase like a bouquet. If I need to take them with me I use a roll up type needlecase that my mom made for me.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for almost 9 years. My Aunt Amy taught me how to knit while we were on vacation in Michigan. I consider myself to me an intermediate knitter, I still have a lot to learn.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
Coconut Lime Verbena, but I love a lot of the fruity scents. I absolutely love candles that smell like baked goods.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love gummy bears and anything chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet along with my knitting, I also like to scrapbook and journal. I tried to learn how to spin, but I don’t do it very often.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3’s. I love all types of music, and if my buddy wants to make me a CD, I would like them to put their favorites on it.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I LOVE PINK… I also like browns, and turquoises. I am really open to anything though.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married and I have one dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I’m not a huge fan of ponchos, but I do love hats, scarves and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I knit a lot of scarves, and beanies.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I’m working on an entrelac scarf and a vest.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use them all. I use whatever feels right to me at the time.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years old. A sweater that was supposed to be for my mom’s birthday.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Items with poodles or lambs.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Interweave Knits, and I would love to get Nicky Epstein’s Knitted Flowers book.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to improve my intarsia skills ( I really suck at it)
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks occasionally. My feet are 9” long and 9 1/2” around.
23. When is your birthday?